Reporting: The Director Legal Affairs reports to the University Secretary
Responsible for providing legal advice to the University Council, Management and other organs of the University in matters of drafting agreements, contracts, memoranda and other legal documents. The Director Legal Affairs provides clear oral and written interpretation of laws and other statutory instruments relating to the University, ensures and facilitates the University’s compliance with the set policies, regulations and guidelines governing staff and students of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning for the Legal Directorate
- Advising the University Council on all Legal and other matters
- Supervision of the Legal Directorate
- Head the Legal Team and coordinate all Court cases by or against the University
- An Honor’s Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized Institution
- Master of Laws Degree from a recognized Institution
- A Diploma in Legal Practice (LDC)
- Valid practicing License
Other Essential Requirements:
- Should be citizens of Uganda
- Industrious and self-driven
- A team player
- Excellent communication skills
- A track record of high integrity
- Excellent analytical ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Very good tactical and strategic planning skills
Applicants should have a minimum of Ten (10) years Legal Practice Five(5) of which should have been at Senior Level in a recognized Institution or Firm.
Tenure of Appointment:
The appointment shall be for a period of five (5) years with effect from the date of assumption of duty.
Applicants should not exceed 55 years of age at the time of submission of the application.
The position of the Director Legal Affairs is at the Makerere University M3 Salary Scale.