- Should hold an advanced/ Higher Diploma in Water Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in a large organization
Duties and responsibilities
- Repair and maintain Mechanical, Plumbing and Refrigeration Works and machinery;
- Collect data on all mechanical maintenance works needed in academic and administrative units, University staff houses and halls of residences;
- Repair and perform preventive maintenance as per established standards.
- Carryout faultfinding and surveillance of Mechanical/plumbing installations.
- Keep meticulous records of machine service history.
- Ensure high level technical support and leadership to lower level technicians.
- Ensure compliance with university safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure availability of tools and replacement parts are available in the stores.
- Prepare the water bills for all staff housing units and commercial units within the University.
- Verification of water bills for all University Installations.
- Any other official duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Teamwork and output oriented
- Computer literate;
- Attention to detail.
Age Limit: Applicants should not exceed 50 years of age Terms of Employment: Four (4) year contract